Friday, July 22, 2016

hot grits

Si got burned by the cheese grits I made him for supper. I knew they were too hot for him to eat. I set the bowl down beside Janie and told her not to let him eat them yet because they were still very hot. I went back into the living room and within 60 seconds I heard Si scream like I've never heard before. I immediately jumped up and screamed. I screamed so loudly that my throat still hurts. I scooped him up and ran to the kitchen sink to run cold water over him. I'm sure I said something to Janie and Jason, but I swear I don't remember what I said.

Later on, after I knew Si was alright I apologized to Janie for whatever I may have said to her. I told her it wasn't her fault. It was my fault and I thanked her for cleaning up the mess on the den floor. I felt like a failure as a mom.

 I still do...

No comments:

Post a Comment