Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Baking

The absolute best thing you can do for your children is to teach them to do for themselves and to do for others. My mom and grandmother did absolutely everything for me. I didn't have to cook or anything. It was great! Or so I thought... Now I look back wishing I had hung out in the kitchen with my mom and grandmothers more or had someone to teach me things like running a tractor, or even cutting the grass. I started really cooking when I was out of college. I still haven't cut the grass (I'm pretty cool about that one actually). My point is that I had no idea how to do anything other than clean (my mom never minded making me clean lol) I didn't have anyone outside teaching me to plant flowers, shoot a gun, back a trailer, run a tractor. I did learn how to change my oil and even change a tire (thanks Daddy!). I remember getting two job offers when I graduated from college and I couldn't decide which one to take. I actually asked my parents which one would be the best. And that's the one I took.

I now realize I am doing Janie the same disservice I encountered as a child. She asks me for everything. She rarely makes a decision without my input (whether she has asked for my opinion or not, I am usually more than happy to voice it for her...)

So what do I do now? I can't teach her to cook. I don't know how to cook myself! I can follow a recipe, but anyone that can read and understands measurements can do that.

Maybe that's where I start.

Looks like Janie and I need to pick out some things to cook.

BAKING!

I LOVE baking!

Cookies, cakes, pies, ALL of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment