Sunday, November 1, 2015

Day 1: I am thankful for my daughter

I recently pulled up a sequence of pictures I did for the 30 Days of Being Thankful challenge. It is going to be interesting to see how things have changed since 2012.


This one hasn't changed.

People say that she looks just like me. I have yet to find another child that can stare me down like she can. She has made my life far more full than I could have ever imagined. I always wanted a daughter. I am amazed that I can look at her and see the person she is changing into. She has my grandfather's crystal blue eyes. I never imagined having a blue eyed child. Never. She hugs me every time I walk into a room. Every. Single. Time. I would rather hear her say "mommy" than anyone say "Leigh" anytime. I hope she'll remember me rocking her to sleep, as I remember my mom rocking me to sleep. If I did not have her, I would not fully understand how precious children are. She makes me a better teacher. She makes me a better person. She makes me WANT to be a better person. I look forward to seeing her every time I am away from her. She makes every day an adventure. She loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment