Thursday, November 10, 2016

5 Years

“I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” – Les Christopher

Love isn’t perfect. It isn’t a fairytale or a storybook and it doesn’t always come easy. Love is overcoming obstacles, facing challenges, fighting to be together, holding on and never letting go. It is a short word, easy to spell, difficult to define, and impossible to live without. Love is work, but most of all, love is realizing that every hour, every minute, every second of it was worth it because you did it together.

Once upon a time, I became yours and you became mine. And we’ll stay together through both the tears and the laughter... Because that’s what they call happily ever after.

On our anniversary, I want you to know how much I’ve enjoyed annoying you all this time and how excited I am to keep doing so in the future. J

I feel like everything in my life has led me to you. My choices, my heartbreaks, my regrets. Everything. And when we’re together, my past seems worth it. Because if I had done one thing differently, I might never have met you.

Most people get married believing a myth that marriage is a beautiful box full of the things they have longed for: companionship, intimacy, friendship, etc. The truth is that marriage at the start is an empty box. You must put something in before you can take anything out. There is no love in marriage. Love is in people. And people put love in marriage. There is no romance in marriage. You have to infuse it into your marriage. A couple must learn the art and form the habit of giving, loving, serving, praising keeping the box full. If you take out more than you put in, the box will be empty.

A perfect marriage is just two people who refuse to give up on each other.

I’d rather have bad times with you than good times with someone else. I’d rather be beside you in a storm than safe and warm by myself. I’d rather have hard times together, than to have it easy apart. I’d rather have the one who holds my heart.

You’re my compass when I’m lost. – Eric Church



5
years
60
months
261
weeks
1827
days
43,848
hours
2,630,880
minutes
157,852,800
seconds



A good marriage is like a casserole: only those responsible for it really knows what goes in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment