Sunday, October 5, 2014

Meridian

This weekend we went to Meridian, Mississippi. Let me tell you one thing... there is NOTHING worth looking at in between our little home town and Meridian. There's only one town worth mentioning and even it isn't much to look at.



Meridian, however, has lots to look at. I wish we had taken the stroller with us, then I would have taken more pictures of the beautiful buildings they have in downtown Meridian. There is even one that is falling down that is magnificent! Currently a group is trying to restore it (although I somehow doubt they will be able to finish).

Here's a few images of our weekend:





 Then we found this beautiful cemetery. The saddest thing was when I found children's graves... Some of them only a few months old... Makes me hold Si even tighter...


We drove past an abandoned school on the way to Meridian somewhere near Sweetwater, Alabama. On the way back, I got Jason to stop so I could take some pictures.  Nanafalia is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Marengo County, Alabama, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 94.



No comments:

Post a Comment