Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Test day!

I love test days :) it gives me the chance to see how much of an impact my teaching is really doing with my students. And since I  have started teaching IT, it has been awesome!!

I am finally doing what I have always wanted to do. I am teaching Information Technology and these kids are actually getting it! It is amazing how well some of them are doing.

Right now we are working on the Microsoft Technical Associate Networking Fundamentals modules. It is test 98-366 and it is much harder than anything I had to do in high school.  When I was in college, I became a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (it took me over $1000 to get that certification, btw) and no one has ever paid much attention to it.

Until now.

To be certified to teach Information Technology, one must have a technical certification. There is a list of the certifications that the teacher can hold to teach certain courses. This list has changed over time (because they have realized how important some of these certifications are). There is also a list of the certifications that we are supposed to offer to our students. That is why my Information Technology Fundamentals classes are studying for the MTA 98-366 exam. I hope that some of them will be able to pass the exam in a few weeks. I am pretty sure a couple of them will.

There is another teacher in this county teaching this class also. But, bless her heart, she is not an IT person.  I have given her all the help I can think to give her -- including all of the presentations, study guides, lecture notes and videos that I have for my students. 

This has been my favorite year teaching so far :) 

Next week is Fire Prevention Week, and midterm exams. I have a JWL meeting on Tuesday night. We get out early on Wednesday (for the parade) and Thursday (for in-service). On Friday, I am working the football game and Janie is going to spend the night with Isabel for her birthday slumber party.

It's going to be a busy week!

And just for fun, here's a picture of Si's big hair-do from yesterday :) hilarious!!!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment