Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Yet

Our country is going crazy right now. This isn't news. I have strong opinions. This also isn't news.

In these confusing times, is it possible to hold a position without losing your heart? I say "War Eagle" yet I think crimson and white are two of the most beautiful colors I have ever seen.

I am an independent, self-sufficient woman; yet I feel honored when a man opens a door for me. I support Biblical marriage wholeheartedly; yet I empathize with the struggles homosexuals face and I hurt for their suffering.

I believe in equality for all and deplore human slavery; yet I wouldn't live anywhere but the South and love the "Heart of Dixie" with its rich heritage. I strongly support gun rights; yet I'm horrified at the thought of ever having to take a human life.

I believe border patrol is necessary; yet I admire those who have struggled to get here to make a better life for themselves and their families. I despise war; yet I revere and am forever grateful to our military for preserving our way of life.

I believe there should be assistance available for people who fall on hard times; yet I believe that assistance should come with certain limitations and requirements.

The human condition is complex; not agreeing doesn't equal hating. What isn't complicated, however, are the First Amendment and the Ten Commandments.

No comments:

Post a Comment