Tuesday, January 20, 2015

eleven freaking years old

They say that being a parent of a teenager is like going through hell.

Well right now I feel like being the parent of a tween is like going through hell.

If it is this hard right now, what will it be like in a couple of years?!?!?

Janie turned 11 yesterday. My sweet, precious, shy, quiet, slightly annoying, seemingly indolent daughter is eleven freaking years old.

We haven’t had her party yet, it will be this coming weekend at Eastern Shore Lanes. An afternoon of bowling and laser tag!! I have to admit, I picked this venue because I don’t have to do anything.

Nothing.

We’re just going to show up with Janie and her friends (and maybe a few extra cupcakes).

For the low-low price of $249 (plus tax) I purchased the Premium Party Package. It comes with an hour of bowling, 30 minutes of the cosmic show (whatever in the heck that is), and one session of laser tag, 1 hour in the downstairs party room, 1 party host/hostess, an $8 arcade card for each guest, 2 slices of pizza and 1 cupcake per guest, 2 pitchers of soft drinks, a custom t-shirt for the birthday girl, and 1 free game of bowling for a return visit (doubtful that will get used). That covers 10 kids. It’s an extra $24 for each additional guest (this better not include adults...) I think we have 11 or 12 kids going, so this is going to be a $300 birthday party.

I honestly cannot believe I committed to this thing. I have never spent so much money on a birthday party IN MY LIFE. Nor do I ever plan on doing such again...

Oh!! On a lighter note (haha, lighter) I have lost a total of 35 pounds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment